Saturday, July 17, 2010

Interstellar Cosmic Galactic Asimov Mix

For those of you who I forgot to send this to on Facebook. - 
      
      I made two mixes based on two correlating Asimov short stories that were a revelation to me when I first read them (and still are). I chose the tracks as I reread the stories to capture the vibe I got from them. The mixes cover lots of genre territory including space ambient, psychedelia, ambient black metal (if you count the Negura track as bm), electronic, and prog. I believe my main mission in compiling this was to share Asimov with some who may be uninitiated with his work. I'm proud of the theme and I hope people get as much out of the combination of the stories and music as I have. I included pdf files of each of the stories in their respective folders. I included the stories so the music could accompany the read.
       These mixes will hopefully find themselves on the blog Sludge Swamp, but they may not, since they sit on the exterior of the typical genre confines of that blog. I'd love some feedback. If it goes over well, I may start doing this more often.

Soundtrack to the Last Question 



Soundtrack to the Last Answer


No comments:

Post a Comment